Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chapter 3 - Her foot is twisted just a little


Now that we had committed to Sheila, we asked for additional pictures of girls about the same age, give or take a couple of years. We looked at Fatmia, Faith, Patience, Princess, and on and on. When we did ask for additional information on any one of them we were told that they were just spoken for, every time.
And every time we were given this picture of a "TWO YEAR OLD" with the comment that she needed a family and her left foot was twisted just a little.
At the time I was nearly 50 years old. NO WAY was I doing a TWO YEAR OLD, so politely we declined and asked for other photos.
We were given Sarah, Blessing, Cynthia, Sumo Girl, and every time we inquired for additional information we were told they were not available, or there was a problem with the paperwork, or something, and then asked again about this two year old. They called her Minnie.
NO WAY was I going to say yes to a two year old. Did I mention I was nearly 50 years old? I knew I didn't have the energy for a two year old. So, politely we asked about other children. And every email seemed to include this picture of this little girl who really needed a family, her story was so sad. And she did have a physical problem, but you can see in the picture, they said, her foot is twisted just a little.
But, you see, at the time I was nearly 50 and I knew I didn't have the energy for a two year old. But, this time, I agreed to talk to my dear sweet eternal companion about it, who of course said, "that would be a lot of work, we can't do it". PHEW! But, just to be on the safe side, we agreed to pray about it......

No comments:

Post a Comment